Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Russell Clarke <rclarke@odyssey.apana.org.au>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ghostscript-gnu 7.05, adding patch to support some bjc printers

While someone is at it, the integration of gimp-print
and hpijs is broken and (obviously) needs to be fixed.
 I can understand spinning these drivers off as
separate ports, but it would be really, really nice to
be able to get them to actually work with ghostscript
whether assembled separately or together.  :)

jmc

--- Russell Clarke <rclarke@odyssey.apana.org.au>
wrote:
> Goodday,
>
> I had a small problem with getting my printer(a
> BJC-256sp) to work with the ghostscript-gnu port, to
> get it working you had to download a patch(avail
> http://bjc250gs.sourceforge.net) and then rebuild.
>
> I was able to successfully get this to work. But had
> to spend a bit of time to modify the  makefile,
> configure, configure.batch scripts so the drivers
> would actually build.
>
> I was wondering oh what the possibility of adding
> the  bjc250gs driver as a build option to the port.
> As this may help save a considerable amount of time
> and headaches for the next person with a similar
> printer.
>
> I can provide a patch of Makefiles and scripts that
> I changed to get this to happened
>
> Regards
> Russell Clarke

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-ports" in the body of the
message