Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:14:20 +0300
From:      STV Hostmaster <hostmaster@stv.ee>
To:        Chris <chris@exit109.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing over a network, problems

Hi !
Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you put your card into
JUMPERLESS (not-pnp) mode ?
If not you can expect trobles in IRQ allocating while
system reports "All is Ok"
IMHO check again card settings using dos utils
and retry the installation.
D.
Chris wrote:

> To all:
>
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a machine i just put together, it
> saw the 3com509b network card fine, i did the partitions and all that,
> then it asked me to select how to install, i chose ftp, then picked the
> 3com ethernet card as the device, i put in the right hostname and ip, the
> gateway, all that...
>
> it added the default route, then when it got to "Logging in to
> ftp@ftp3.freebsd.org" it just hangs there.
>
> I can see on the hub that the machine is connected to, that there is a
> link status, just nothing is happeneing... any ideas?
>
> -Chris

  Dmitry Baranov                   Phone:  +(372) 6 352 002
  STV Internet                     Fax:    +(372) 6 380 355
  Koorti 18                        Mobile: +(372) 5 012 825
  Tallinn, Estonia
----------snake looks like rope till you get her tied--------