Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:15:15 -0400
From:      Jimmie James <jimmiejaz@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   webcamd startup problems

Hope someone can see what I missed here, as the topic says, webcamd
doesn't start at boot.

Logitec USB cameram product 0x08b2 vendor 0x046d,  is plugged in, works
wonderfully in skype-2.0.0.72,1, emesene-1.6.3, pwcview, etc..

grep webc /etc/rc.conf
webcamd_enable="YES"

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  775 Mar  8 19:35 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcamd

grep cuse /boot/loader.conf
cuse4bsd_load="YES"

The camera doesn't show up when I boot the system, webcamd doesn't
start. I have to run webcamd & to start it, and it happily prints out,
Attached ugen2.2[0] to cuse unit 0
Creating /dev/video0

So, my question is, why isn't this starting at boot?

--
I am currently away on leave, traveling through time and will be
returning last week.