Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:13:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   uucp assistance needed

	I am in need of help from someone more experienced with uucp.

	I want the uucp machine to call up via uucico (which it currently
can do, I just don't have a login & password to get me uucp access) to our
machine earth.

	It then needs to transfer news files to earth either directly to
/usr/local/dnews/uucpin or to another directory where they can later be
copied to /usr/local/dnews/uucpin.

	It also needs to retrieve any news waiting to go out via uucp from
/usr/local/dnews/uucpout.

	That's pretty much it...like I said, the uucp machine is directly
connected via null modem cable, so it gets to the login prompt, I just
don't know how to set up earth.  Config files are in /etc/uucp, I briefly
played with them, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

	Thanks a bunch!

Richard