Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2020 20:37:39 -0800
From:      Chris <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        Sean Yeh <sean.yeh117@gmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ALTQ feature of PF in FreeBSD

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:35:23 -0800 Sean Yeh sean=2Eyeh117@gmail=2Ecom said

> Hi FreeBSD-pf members,
>=20
> I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend!
>=20
> I was wondering if any of you happened to know if the code for the ALTQ
> feature of pf could be separated and used for NetBSD's pf function=2E I'm
> currently investigating methods to improve NetBSD's ALTQ feature, which
> hasn't been updated in 15+ years:
> https://wiki=2Enetbsd=2Eorg/projects/project/altq/
>=20
> According to the man pages of freeBSD's pf function, FreeBSD uses a
> modified pf of openBSD 4=2E5 pf function=2E Are there any complications that
> you foresee trying to port FreeBSD's current ALTQ code into NetBSD?
In all honesty=2E If you have to ask=2E You will likely find it challenging=2E ;)=
 ;)
But *please* don't let that discourage you!
If you're a kernel hacker, and or have a good eye for patterns=2E You should
be able to find the similarities by different names to match them up=2E
But that doesn't mean that in the end it'll work=2E I haven't personally
made any comparisons=2E I'm only familiar with the FreeBSD variety=2E

My 2=C2=A2 FWIW :)

--Chris
FreeBSD 14=2E0-FUTURE #0=2E000 cray256