Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2014 11:49:10 -0400
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn@magemana.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WANT_PHP_WEB is just a synonym for WANT_PHP_CGI in automated build environments

On Aug 3, 2014, at 02:07 , Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn@magemana.nl> wrote:

>=20
> I don't see the problem.
> If you want the mod_php module in your port set WANT_PHP_MOD.
> If you don't care which implementation it is as long as it can speak
> with a webserver, you set WANT_PHP_WEB.
>=20
> The WANT_PHP_WEB knob is for >port maintainers< that trust the
> system administrators that use the PHP software will know what suits
> them most.
>=20
> For automated builds use the OPTIONS framework. Tinderbox can handle
> that just fine.

Right, and I=92m speaking from the perspective of the admin building the =
port, not the maintainer.  The maintainer can set that the port will =
work with either .. but in an automated build environment it looks like =
there is no knob for the administrator to tell the ports system which to =
use.  The ports system will default to the CGI port unless the module =
port is already built .. but an automated build environment will only =
build and install explicitly requested dependencies.  Thus, in an =
automated build environment, WANT_PHP_WEB means WANT_PHP_CGI.

Again.. unless I=92m missing some knob that exists to give guidance to =
the ports system.   I=92m familiar with the options framework, but I =
can=92t find anything in bsd.php.mk that could be used to give guidance =
to the ports system that mod_php5 is desired when WANT_PHP_WEB is =
defined.