Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:21:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: finding IDA Sendmail is a disaster

> > Does anyone know where to find IDA Sendmail (5.67b), I can't find it
> > anywhere, except the binary package for Linux, but I want the full source
> > tree! (and originally it won't even run on Linux and now I can only find
> > linux binaries, strange!!!)
>
> 5.67b has *several* well known (and well published) security holes,
> and should *not* be used. sendmail-8.8.7 can do everything you needed
> IDA sendmail for in earlier times.
>
> That being said, 5.67b is available from
>
> 	ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/unix/network/sendmail/
>
> However, if you install 5.67b on a machine accessible from the Internet
> I'd say you're close to inviting a breakin...
>
> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug@nethelp.no

ftp to ftp.connect.com.au for the IDA sendmail patches to work with v8.7 and
later of sendmail ( check /pub/mail)

These use sendmail v8 as the base and work fine on my 2.2.2-RELEASE box.
There are still some things that IDA does nicer than v8 (but the list is
shrinking).

Bill
 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.