Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:29:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sound and 4.2-RELEASE on a laptop

I have a micron transport xpe laptop with built in sound.  Under 3.2 or
3.4 (sorry, don't know which right now) the kernel config used this line
to get it to work:

device pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

This line doesn't even get past config because of the "tty" in 4.2.  I've
tried all sorts of combinations of pcm and sbc and never even get the
kernel to see it.  According to BIOS, it's on port 0x220, the irq is 5,
the drq is 1 and the second irq is 5.  Like I said, it worked under either
3.2 or 3.4 (I upgraded it 4 months ago).  Where should I start to look, or
what other info is needed to try and troubleshoot this?

Vince.