Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2018 15:37:02 -0400
From:      "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@harte-lyne.ca
Subject:   ipmitool and SuperMicro SYS-5027R-WRF

Does anyone here use ipmitool, or anything similar running on
FreeBSD-11, to establish a serial over lan (sol) console session with
a supermicro SYS-5027R-WRF or similar vintage SM server chassis?  If
so, can you provide me with the magic incantation to get this to work?

I have added 'boot_multicons="YES"' to /boot/loader.conf.  I have
power-cycled the server.  And I cannot still establish a connection
using ipmitool.

ipmitool -H 192.168.44.3 -U admin -I lanplus sol activate
IPMI LAN send command failed
IPMI LAN send command failed

The built in web server works. But the zealots at Mozilla have
puritanised Firefox to the point where the web console no longer
works.  I need to have some way to talk to this chassis remotely while
it is booting. I am open to any reasonable suggestion.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3