Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:33:05 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bktr / fxtv problem -fixed!-

Hi folks,

I'm only posting this message to tell you that I have fixed my fxtv / bktr
problem (see eMail messages from last week).

Now, what did I do? Well, I basically edited the fxtv X resource file so
that fxtv starts up with the proper settings for me (i.e., it starts up in
PAL/BDGHI mode, tunes right into channel 45 for my sat receiver, sets audio
to "internal", and so on).

The strange thing is that everything works fine this way. However, when I
started fxtv with the default X resource file, and it initialized itself to
NTSC, channel 3, etc, fxtv would not work properly for me even if I
manually adjusted all the settings to "sane" values by using fxtv's menues.

All in all, this is strange. May be either an error on my side, or some
problem with fxtv / bktr. Or a problem with my particular card and fxtv /
bktr. Or even a combination of all that. Anyway, as it works now, I'm
happy, and I want to thank anyone who replied to me and made useful
suggestions!

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany