Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 21:36:07 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
Subject:   Building a killer FreeBSD box

If you were building a killer FreeBSD multimedia box, what would you buy?

With PC prices coming down so fast, I'm thinking now might be a good time.
I'd really like to hear from anyone that has a 1GHz+ Athelon box.  What
motherboards, DDR memory speed/brand, PCI soundcard, case, etc. did you
get?  Anything to watch out for w.r.t. FreeBSD support?

I'm not opposed to buying a boxed system either, though I've bought my
previous boxes in pieces.

And if you've tried fxtv, I'd sure like to know that as well (Bruno's post
Tuesday warned of possible problems on newer Athelon/ASUS systems; partly
why I thought I'd ask).

Thanks,

Randall

--