Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 10:19:57 -0700
From:      Tony Jones <tony@ermintrude.sunquest.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ksh93/bsdi emulation question

Has anyone played with the BSDi ksh93 binary under FreeBSD ?

It works really well, except in one odd regard.

Using the KEYBD trap (for keymappings) isn't working correctly for
multicharacter inputs.

Assuming I'm trying to map '\E[A' (up arrow key) to 'k' (vi up line),
the problem is that three seperate calls to the KEYBD trap occur, one for
(escape), one for '[' and one for 'A', rather than just one call.

Since the table is loaded as:  keytable[$'\E[A']='k' and referenced
in the trap handler by looking up the keystroke in keytable, this
isn't working too well.

The ksh manual makes note of the fact that the arguments to escape
must follow within 1/2 sec, but I'd have expected this to be
so since they are generated by a keysrtoke.

Anyone have any ideas ?

tony