Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 14:19:38 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DAT tape problems

I just attempted to read back a dump from a DAT tape to test our backup
strategy and disturbingly, the file which read back from the tape was
corrupted.  The directory was intact but when the dump was extracted,
there was a checksum error on one file and when comparing the extracted
tree with the original, at least one file had been corrupted.

My DAT drive probes as a 'WangDAT Model 3400DX' and it is set to use
compression.  Does anyone have an idea what is happening?

--
Doug Rabson, RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
					Phone: +44 171 251 4411