Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 07:57:55 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        harti@freebsd.org
Subject:   make or kmod.mk broken

--nextPart1431239.NbBJ3kO48K

Hi,

in kmod.mk (and I believe in other places as well) we have constructs in th=
e=20
form of this: ${SOMEARRAY:M${SOMEVAR}}  However, make doesn't seem to=20
understand this.  I don't see any traces that it ever did and I have no clu=
e=20
if it should.

I might well misunderstand things (not a make guru) so here is my testcase:

| STUFF=3D foo bar foobar
| FOO=3Dfoo
|=20
| mtest:
| 	echo ${STUFF:M${FOO}}

and "$make mtest" gives:
| echo }
| }

this clearly suggests that make is not equipped to handle the variable=20
expansion here.

In any case we have to fix either kmod.mk or make.

On a related question:  How can I get the actual location of a file that is=
=20
in .PATH?  All I could come up with was ${.ALLSRC:M*${MY_FILE}} which doesn=
't=20
work as I am explaining here.

=2D-=20