Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:02:43 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely9.cicely.de>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI-PCI bridge troubles on NoName

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:56:32AM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Bernd Walter wrote:

> > > I don't think anyone has ever put a PCI-PCI bridge into a noname before.
> > > It wouldn't surprise me if there were problems with the pci config-space
> > > i/o in lca_pci.c.
> >
> > After sensible checking there is nothing wrong here.
> > My problem is that the bridge got only half initialised by SRM.
> > Seems like I need to write code for doing that :(
>
> I can believe that! What has SRM missed initialising on the bridge?
pcib1:   secondary bus     1
pcib1:   subordinate bus   0
pcib1:   I/O decode        0x0-0x0
pcib1:   memory decode     0xfff00000-0xfffff
pcib1:   prefetched decode 0xfff00000-0xfffff

Only the secondary bus number is setup.
No subordinate bus, not IO-range and no memory-ranges.
But after reading the 21050 specs it seems to be OK not to set
the subordinate bus, so the config reads should work.
Andrew Gallatin suggested me some points to look for - maybe I
have more success there.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de