Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:52:27 PDT
From:      "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsdquestions@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsdquestions@hotmail.com
Subject:   What causes this console message?

While using a FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE system, I sometimes
receive the following message on the console:

/kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000).

man 4 psm describes a flag to disable synchronization
check if the kernel frequently prints this message.

How much  is frequently?
What causes this message?
Should I worry?

This message occurs about every 5-6 days.

I rarely use the mouse on this machine (once every 2 or
3 weeks) and X is only run once every 2 or 3 weeks.  So,
the message occurs even when there is not use of the
mouse.

I'm using a Logitech MouseMan.

Thanks.