Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 11:47:28 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        officeware@gnn.com (william  howell)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation

william  howell stands accused of saying:
> I could do anything the system locked up. I the removed the boot
> disk and tried to reboot from DOS on the hard drive, nothing
> happened. It doesn't even go through the initial BISO boot
> functions. Can't boot from DOS diskette or BSD diskette. Seems tha
> the attempeted installation has done some damage to my hardware.
>
> Do you have any explanations ?

Firstly, not "our company".  Very few people here have any connections with
Walnut Creek.

Secondly, Bollocks.  Your hardware may have expired, but it's not due to
anything that the FreeBSD installer did.  I'd be complaining to your
PC vendor.

> Bill Howell

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[