Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:46:25 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't open Makefile?

I'm working on a new port for sguil (see http://sguil.sourceforge.net), and
I got to the point where I wanted to attempt a test install.  I had some
problems with patches, so I removed them temporarily and tried to make the
port.

Here's what happened:
make install PREFIX=/var/tmp/sguil-sensor
===>  Building for sguil-sensor-0.5.3
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/security/sguil-sensor.

WTF?  The perms are correct.  The file is there.  The system date/time is
correct.  Previous makes were working fine until they got to the patch
failures.  I've made distclean several times and attempted to make install,
and it fails every time with the same message.  I even cvsup'd the ports
tree to make sure that wasn't a problem.

What did I do wrong?

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas