Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Martin Kotulla <martin-k@softmaker.de>, Paul Robinson <p.robinson@mmu.ac.uk>
Cc:        info@softmaker.de
Subject:   Re: TextMaker: Should we support FreeBSD at all?

> By many accounts, TextMaker already has better Word import and
> export
> than OpenOffice, and we are continually improving it.

I have a silly question.  Will Textmaker and Open/StarOffice be
able to interchange docs in their native formats?  I'm a little
behind so be nice, I haven't used StarOffice since 5.2 and I
haven't tried Textmaker yet.  I just a little concerned that
developers will try to lock users in by making their formats
more complex while reading the other guy's format (not accusing
anyone at all, just concerned).  Concerning using an Office
suite across all Win/*nix platforms, I'm a ripe consumer for the
picking right now, especially with the DRM stuff coming in the
next MS Office.

=====