Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 09:48:13 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What gives?

* Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com> [010511 02:12]:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > Too bad you couldn't actually tell us what went wrong, we could have
> > helped you.

> Oh, but I can. How many KB would be appropriate?

> Highlights are
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1955761 May 10 00:30 gnome
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   636835 May 10 02:46 kde2

Freaky - those two both work for me.

> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel     2694 May  2 16:02 xemacs21

( /me considers having to off-topic holy wars in one day...naah)
No. Can't say i use that particular editor myself.
(Ah, that went OK.)

> let's proceed with the latter.

> >> Checksum OK for xemacs/xemacs-devel-1.31-pkg.tar.gz.
> Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file (/usr/ports/editors/xemacs-packages/distinfo)
> are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
> check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
> *** Error code 1

> OK, I've noticed the hint to define NO_CHECKSUM to be 'yes'. So?
> This is not the very first time I installed xemacs...

Sounds like your ports tree is shafted, because the ports work for others.

> > > So what stability does Micro-Soft has that FreeBSD hasn't?

I think you misspelt 'is anoyone else having trouble with the xemacs port?'

--
Immortality -- a fate worse than death.
		-- Edgar A. Shoaff