Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:39:56 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        tomppa@fidata.fi
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv and Millenium picture position

Tomi Vainio:
 |I got new graphics card Matrox Millennium II 8M.  XFree bpp24 mode
 |isn't working yet so I'm running this on bp32 mode.  Now I can't get
 |fxtv DGA feed inside it's window.  Only 1/3 of picture appears inside
 |window so this seems 24/32 bit packing problem.  I have tried to play
 |with these Bpp??bit and *swap*Bpp options without any success.  Do you
 |any idea how should I set these?

Are you by chance running @ 1280x1024?  Michael Petry and Kenneth Merry
reported this behavior running 24bpp on their Matrox boards.  They said
1024 worked OK.  Sounds like an XTranslateCoordinates problem @ 1280.

If you would please try out the suggestions in my list reply to their post
(Subject: "Re: Matrox Millenium with 8M and BT848") on XFree 3.3.1 and let
me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Randall