Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 15:42:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Bayers <bayers@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions.  4.1 to RELENG_4

OK, I upgraded my 4.1 practice server to 4.3
successfully.  Now I'm ready to upgrade my remote 4.1
server that I don't have access to.  I have some
questions.

I'll need to create a kernal config file.  Is there an
easy way to find the hardware configuration?  When I
run dmesg, it looks like they included everything
during the install.

Also, I got a little confused using mergemaster.  I
kept selecting 'm=merge' and kept picking the right
side item--unless I saw something obvious.  At the end
of the document, I would install.

I read an article saying that it should go faster,
what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.