Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:18:13 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1 Serious boot problem related to i586_copy*

In article <199703270431.PAA09205@godzilla.zeta.org.au>
bde@zeta.org.au writes:

>> "flags npx0 0x07" also disables i586_bcopy and i586_bzero.  Are those
>> broken too?

Sorry, 0x07 is overkilling solution.  I tested all combinations now.

	0x00	Hangup
	0x01	OK
	0x02	Hangup
	0x03	OK
	0x04	Hangup
	0x05	OK
	0x06	Hangup
	0x07	OK

This result implys i586_bcopy is the source of this problem.
Hmm...

I'm not familiar with NPX instruction, but I think i586_bcopy or
something depends on the NPX's initialization by BIOS.

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html