Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 95 08:27:44 PDT
From:      schwarz@alpharel.com (Steve Schwarz)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   3c589 pcmcia ethernet card does not work BNC

I just bought a 3c589 pcmcia ethernet card for my Gateway 2000
DX4/100 (called Liberty) laptop.  I have been totally unable to
make it work using the zp0 device in 2.0.5.  My network is BNC.

The card works just fine in the Liberty when that is running
DOS/windows.

When the Liberty is running 2.0.5 the zp0 device is probed fine,
and the ethernet address of the card is gotten just fine.  But
nothing that tries to actually use the card succeeds in sending
or receiving any packets (as evidenced from running etherfind
on a Sparc SLC elsewhere on the network).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

sts