Date:      04 Feb 1998 07:59:04 -0600
From:      Dave Marquardt <marquard@zilker.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP to 2 different locations.

ash@fxsing.ml.com (Ash Yadav) writes:
> Is it possible to use ppp to connect to my isp and connect to the office . Since the
> nameservers at bot locations will be different can this be accomplished. My HAN ( home
> area network ) will use the freebsd box to dialout.

Sure, you can do this, it's just not an automatic thing.  I do this
often.  I have one modem line, so I have to do this manually.  I have
two files, /etc/resolv.foo and /etc/resolv.bar, that I link to
/etc/resolv.conf at the appropriate time, depending whether I want to
talk to foo or bar.  I have multiple stanzas in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, and
when I want to talk to the other site, I kill ppp and restart it with
the other stanza.  This obviously is a very manual process.

If you have multiple modem lines, then you just need to run ppp on
each, and somehow combine the nameserver entries into a single
/etc/resolv.conf, but it doesn't sound pretty.

-Dave