Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2012 13:44:42 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [CHANGE PROPOSAL] Moving WWW from pkg-descr to Makefile

On 10/06/2012 00:15, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Putting the WWW information into the port Makefile means that portindex
> only has to deal with about half as many files

I have the same response to you and Baptiste. I get what you're saying,
but what we gain by putting it in the Makefile does not make up for what
we lose by reducing the value of 'cat pkg-descr'.

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what