Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 20:13:18 +0000
From:      "Wojciech A. Koszek" <wkoszek@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in Google Code-In 2012?  You can help too!

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:19:57AM +0000, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
> (cross-posted message; please keep discussion on freebsd-hackers@)
>
> Hello,
>
> Last year FreeBSD qualified for Google Code-In 2011 event--contest for
> youngest open-source hackers in 13-17yr age range:
>
> 	http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2012
>
> It was successful. We gained one more FreeBSD developer thanks to that
> (Isabell Long) We're pondering participating in the contest this year as
> well.
>
> For now we only have 25 ideas. We need at least 100.
>
> I felt all members of the FreeBSD community should help, so please submit
> your own Google Code-In 2012 ideas here:
>
> 	http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/4aU93Obxo4NYdVAgb1
>
> Examples of previously completed tasks:
>
> 	http://wiki.freebsd.org/GoogleCodeIn/2011Tasks
>
> Those of you who have Wiki access, please spent 2 more minutes and submit
> straight to Wiki:
>
> 	http://wiki.freebsd.org/GoogleCodeIn/2012Tasks
>
> I plan to send out next e-mail if there's any progress on this project.
>
> Help will be appreciated.

Hello,

This is last call for action.

As for now, we won't qualify. I suggest doc@ and ports@ and www@ and src@
teams to try to come up with some ideas and add them to Wiki. Most of the
ideas which we have so far are more GSOC-alike.

Unless we have at least 80 tasks of the "easy"/"medium" type, we'll have to
postpone participating in Code-In for next year.

Thanks,

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wkoszek@FreeBSD.czest.pl