Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:58:50 -0700
From:      "Ray Kohler" <rkohler1@cox.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail no longer happy with hostname lookup

Maybe I've missed something here, but recently (mayeb last week or
so?) sendmail started to hang for a bit while booting and will no
longer send any mail even when it does finish booting. I'm using the
default sendmail config (the only thing I need it for is to read the
output of cron jobs and run fetchmail). The problem for me is that I
don't have a "real" IP, it's DHCP-assigned from the nonroutable
192.168.1.0/8 subnet. My /etc/hosts entry for this box just gives it
an IP of 0.0.0.0, I don't know what else to do for it. How can I get
my mail working again?