Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:19:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux module broken also with patch on fxp interfaces

Ups ...

I just tested the patch on the DELL P4 (with the 3Com905C xl0 NIC)
and with the applied patch, the Linuxulator offers the right
ID with lmutil lmhostid for the FLEXlm authentication server.

The same patch on the same cvsupdated FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE source
(last cvsupdate: today, 3 hours ago from now) has no effect on
machines equipted with the fxp0 NIC (all other machines do have
Intel EtherExpress 10/100 Pro NICs).
It seems to me that the bug is NIC dependend ... :-((((

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)