Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 09:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Stein <joes@spiritone.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl 5.003 fails to compile

After a near fatal hard disk problem, I finally just re-installed
all the binaries....

When I recompiled the port for Perl 5.003, it worked without a flaw...

Note that that was from the same filesystem that I had before the re-install.

Which had been current cvsupped with all the ports using this cvsup file:

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
*default host=cvsup4.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/cvs
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_2_2
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
ports-all tag=.

Don't know what the problem was, but I suppose you can close the problem
report now.