Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:32:09 +0930
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   SATA II controller

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a SATA II controller, which must be supported
under FreeBSD (6.1 or earlier).  My supplier sold me an adaptec 1420SA
which I've come to the conclusion is a POS and not worth the PCB it's
etched on. and isn't supported at all under BSD.

I don't need RAID support of any kind, but it would be nice to have 4
ports to plug in drives.  Cheap is ok, provided I can access the drives
under FreeBSD and set up gmirror on the drives.

What are other people using for controlling SATA drives?  Good? Bad?
just plain Ugly?

Cheers

Tim

--