Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:31:26 -0600
From:      RikScarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours

You need to modify the configuration for sendmail so that it does not
label all the mail you sent as being from your machine, which does not
have a dns entry on the net.

Take a look at the /etc/mail directory.  Read through the comments on
freebsd.mc and /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README.

I've tried using the nullclient feature.  This is the best way to setup
Sendmail to send everything to the ISP's server, however it sends
everything (so if cron sends a message to root, it sends it to the root
on the ISP's server).

I'm still in the process of getting it to work for me.  You did not say
what email client you are using.  Can it access a remote SMTP server?
(I'm using Mutt, which cannot use a remote SMTP server).

~Rik
* Jason Cribbins (jasonc@concentric.net) [020204 18:28]:

Ranger Rik -- RikSca@mac.com

Joshua 24:15