Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:11:54 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting NVidia linux kernel modules to FreeBSD

Hello!

I'm quite interested in having true 3D hardware acceleration on my ASUS
AGP-V3800Magic video card based on TNT2 M64 chip, while running
XFree86-4.0.2 on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.

I've been searching USENET, mail-archives, web, and all I was able to find
was:
	* information on www.nvidia.com about binary XFree modules and
kernel module (for linux only)
	* the source for linux kernel
	* binary XFree modules (replacing xfree's native 'nv' -> 'nvidia')
	* people saying that there's some undergoing work about porting
linux source to FreeBSD so it's possible to use proprietary nvidia's
modules for XFree (oh gee, how happy I am with their module architecture)

So, my question is, what's the current status of this initiative?  Is
there any pre-alphas or whatever I might try already?

I will appreciate any information with regard to this subject.  10x.

	./danfe