Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:45:46 -0600
From:      SigmaX <scottclansman@cwazy.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewalls and Webmin

Heya;
I have FreeBSD 5.3 and need to set up the firewall.  I've never done
anything with Firewall on a *NIX system without the help of Webmin, and
I'm new to BSD in general.  Webmin gives me an error when trying to use
the BSD Firewall module.

I tried doing "ipfw sh" to see what was up, and I get "ipfw:
getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available"

I found a post from a while back that said I need to recompile my
kernel.  I can't imagine that that's the case for a firewall in
general.  I need a firewall... if I can't use Webmin (read: ipfw) I'm
gonna need a REALLY good howto :-P. Any help?

Thanx,
    SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."