Date:      Tue, 24 May 2022 09:18:41 -0700
From:      jgh@FreeBSD.org
To:        mono@freebsd.org
Subject:   regarding lang/mono

Hi,

I recently ported devel/libayatana-appindicator, and had to disable mono
bindings, along with other bindings due to a dependency of lang/mono for
x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp30. The software I was building depends on a newer
version of mono (e.g., lang/mono5.20), but the dependency of
x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp30 on lang/mono led me to need to disable this
binding.

Is there any movement on updating dependencies so lang/mono5.20 can be
used within USES framework?

On a side note, this is the first time I've ported a cmake application,
and am not sure I have all my terminology correct, but from a building
point of view I was trying to include x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp30 and a
newer version of mono, however gtk-sharp30 depended on an older version
which conflicted with installing of software I had ported.

Thanks in advance!
-jgh