Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:04:12 PDT
From:      "Cosmic 665" <the_hermit665@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quake & glide troubles

hi

     I've been searching all over the net for info on how to setup quake 1 2
& III under FreeBSD.  So far I've been sucessfull in getting quake II to run
under FreeBSD using the "Linux Quake Howto" off of linuxquake.com, however I
get no 3Dfx!!  I've installed GLIDE for my Voodoo II I'm running and 3dfx
doesn't seem to work under any of the quakes for me.  Now I know many people
have gotten quake to play with 3Dfx, but there are no sites I know of that
discuss how to get it to run under FreeBSD.  The Darius Quake Page is Pretty
good, but it old.  I have not tried the qkhacklib because It seems like too
old of a hack.
	I've got quake to run in a terminal but I get no keyboard or mouse movement
"just 3Dfx but it's not playable".  If anyone knows how to get quake to run
under 3Dfx.... plz let e know.

-thanks;

  Cosmic-665