Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 17:42:54 -0800
From:      Nicole  <nicole@mediacity.com>
To:        Mark Huizer  <xaa@stack.nl>
Cc:        Brian Mitchell  <brian@firehouse.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procfs hole

> > ./h.sh: /bin: permission denied
> > u_char: not found
> > ./h.sh: 15: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> >
> >  What stupidly obvious thing am I missing...
> >

> Basically that it's not a shell script but c-code, so you gotta compile it
> first and run the resulting executable.
>
> save it as something (bla.c), then type 'make bla' in that dir and run it
> with ./bla USERNAME
>
> Mark

Yup, I knew it was something stupid.

I want to thank everyone that responded. It's so nice to be able to ask simple questions to learn without getting berated or flamed.
I applaud you!

Thanks again :>

 Nicole

nicole@mediacity.com    |\ __ /| (`\  http://www.mediacity.com
Nicole Harrington       | o_o |__ ) ) Phone: 415-237-1464
                         // \\        Pager: 415-301-2482
                 Systems Administrator
* What do you mean Spelling Errors? My Modem is Error Correcting!

A cynic is an idealist who's tired. --
An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance. --
Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. --