Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:52:02 -0000
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        James Quick <jq@quick.com>
Cc:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: Patch to pf/Makefile

Hello James,

JQ> The pf Makefile does not correctly build WITH_RANDOM_ID.
JQ> The problem is a mistakenly transposed .if .else expression.

True, copy'n'paste is evil! Thanks for the patch, it will be in 1.66.

JQ> p.s. I only learned about this package this weekend.
JQ> I've been an ipfilter user on 4.x and 5.x for 4 years or
JQ> so, but am new to pf.  I have deployed in test mode on
JQ> 5_1_RELENG, and have a couple of pf configuration
JQ> questions.  I have read the openbsd pf faq pages, the
JQ> man pages, and the resources listed on this project's web site.
JQ> Can I ask the questions here? If not I would appreciate being
JQ> pointed to appropriate resources.

You may of course ask everything here. With a growing subscriber count
chances are, that you get a satisfying response. However, if you have
really tricky things you might want to cross-post to the original pf
mailing list at pf@benzedrine.cx where the true wisdom is.

Please try here first!

--=20
Best regards,