Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:14:21 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unplugged

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 11:15:04PM +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> Christoph Kukulies writes:
> >
> >Anyway, there is no way other than rebooting my machine
> >after such a condition (when I found the cause and plugged in
> >the cable again).
> >
> >I would be happy if i4b (isdnd) would be capable of handling this
> >smarter.
> >

> you can't afford a new cable ? God, I didn't realise that Universities
> payed so poorly :) You can use a TP cable instead, you know. Just steal

I could split the cable and solder a piece of cable with an endpiece but
to obtain a complete cable is difficult since it's the AVM A1 which has
that 9 pole DB connector at the other end an dI never saw such a critter
in the 'Media Mart' ;-)

> one from some unsuspecting colleague.
>
> anyway, AFAIK i4b should handle this situation with no problem. Seems
> to me that Hellmuth fixed that quite some time ago.

It is the i4b that came with 3.3 that's exposing this behaviour.