Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:40:11 +0000
From:      "Mark J. Sommer" <msommer@argotsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel boot problem

I was going to send this to freebsd-fs but the handbook kind of points
you to this mailing list.  Hope this is the right mailing list.

The problem:

    Kernel builds fine, but during boot I get an error message similar
to:

    Error 1107 > 1023

and it halts the system.  I'm assuming this a 1024 cylinder problem, but
I'm not certain.  The system is using a 3GB SCSI disk (>1024 cylinders)
with an Adaptec 2940 adapter.  If the problem is because /kernel is
beyond a resonable spot on the disk, how do I move it?  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

~Mark