Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:09:09 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dev/vx/if_vx_pci.c 5.0-CURRENT

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 08:43:30PM -0400, Eric D. Futch wrote:
> Ok.. I figured I'd take this on on my way to getting more comfy with
> FreeBSD.  Check out my patch and let me know how far I've gone off the
> deep end :)
>
> http://quake.nyct.net/~efutch/FreeBSD/if_vx_pci.c.patch
>
> Unfortunately I do not have the acutal card to test this patch.  It did
> survive a buildkernel, so I'm just assuming that I'm not that far off.

I think if you install the kernel and reboot it will likely explode in
probe.  It takes more then just new structs.  The function signatures
have changed as well.  Take a look at rev 1.67 of src/sys/pci/if_fxp.c
to see what newbus conversion takes.  I'm taking a wack at a rewrite,
but like you I don't have a card, so testing will be kinda trickey.

-- Brooks