Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 16:53:27 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        bora@wireless.stanford.edu (Bora Akyol)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, imp@village.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X for install (was: Re: syscons driver)

Bora Akyol stands accused of saying:

> Well
> Just for information the Linux Plug and Play version and Red Hat Release
> both have Tk/Tcl based X installations. (I think the red hat can be
> python based).

The Redhat installation tools are _awful_ from the code perspective.
(I had a look at them a while back with the intention of seeing if we could
learn anything from them or their package format).

Warner is on the right track though, what we need is an installation process
that is independant of the user interface.

Jordan went some of the way with the 'sysconfig script' stuff; we need to
go a bit further yet, but it's going to be a slow road.

> Bora

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[