Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:50:44 +0200
From:      Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   nVidia troubles after suspend/resume

Hello,

I recently came back to FreeBSD (on my laptop) and now have it set up. I
however experience some problems with X and nVidia driver after
suspend-resume-cycle.

Symptoms are that after a resume I pretty regularly get a 2 second freeze
of the display.

I also get a errors in mplayer with vpdau. They are of two types:
1. Complete hang of X. Can be mitigated by ssh to the machine and pkill -9
mplayer.

2.
[vdpau] Display preemption detected
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_surface_put_bits_y_cb_cr: The display
was pre-empted, or a fatal error occurred.
[vdpau] Attempting to recover from preemption.
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_mixer_render: An invalid handle value
was provided.
[vdpau] Recovered from display preemption.
and accompanied by 1 or 2 seconds rendering stall.

This is on 9-stable r238754, nvidia-driver-304.22 ( I need the xrandr
support ;) ), make.conf has WITH_NEW_XORG=YES and WITH_KMS=YES.

Has anyone experienced this?

Best regards
Andreas