Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:47:08 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Chuck Gibson <cgibson@computershoppe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD&LINUX

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Chuck Gibson wrote:

> I have a working Linux box with the exception of being able to connect to
> my ISP. BSD looks like it might handle connections better then Linux, so
> my questions are can the BSD kernel be installed over Linux or can I
> share BSD with the Linux drive?

FreeBSD can share a disk with other OS's assuming you give it *its own
primary partition*. You can mount Linux ext2fs partitions with FreeBSD.
If you want to install FreeBSD *over* Linux, simply remove the Linux
partition and make a new FreeBSD partition in its place. There's no such
thing as using just a FreeBSD kernel over a Linux installation.

> Thank you
> Chuck Gibson

Nadav