Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 18:42:39 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can i run Eicon X.25 card with FreeBSD?

>I'd like to see the ISO/CCIT stuff brought back - we have to work with these
>damned protocols at lot at work (ICL mainframes & OSLAN, which is the OSI LAN
>stuff with a null (yuck!) transport layer) and I was thinking of doing
>something with the ethernet side.

   As has been said several times already, it's not going to happen until a
kernel hacker is willing to take up the task of maintaining the code. Without
having any ISO/CCITT/XNS machines, I personally have no way of doing this
myself (and I wouldn't be at all interested in any case). I know this goes
for everyone else doing significant development with FreeBSD, too. Keeping
this stuff working will be increasingly challenging when we start on IPv6
support.
   I'd much rather see the code stay dead myself...

-DG

David Greenman