Date:      Thu, 31 May 2012 18:46:55 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, Jakob Alvermark <jakob.alvermark@bsdlabs.com>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

On 05/30/12 20:20, David Chisnall wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is off-topic, so please feel free to disregard it, but I'm
> sending it to this list in the hope that it will reach a largish
> number of users.
>
> I am currently looking at updating some of our advocacy material
> (which advertises exciting new features like SMP support), and before
> I do I'd like to get a better feel for why the rest of you are using
> FreeBSD.  If you had to list the three things you most like about
> FreeBSD, which would you pick?  Are they the same as when you first
> started using it?

Without going into detail,BSD has served our company extremely well for
over fifteen years for all server purposes we need. File server, mail,
MX, web, routing/firewalls you name it. Never let us down, the stability
is just out of this world, the docs are excellent and the people great.

So,

1. Stability
2. Ease of upgrades
3. The community and developers

A big thank you to all that keeps us running!

//per