Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:18:42 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   acrobat and linux_base-7

Hi!

This has been on the list before, but the answers seem incorrect, as far as
I can tell.

The base problem is that acroread (version 4.05) is linked with older
versions of most of the expected libraries. Installing linux_base-7 get you
newer libs, and you will have to find older libs and copy them into you
compat/linux/lib for *every* file. The real problem, as I see it, is that
there is no COMPAT_LINUX_6 or similar option. The rpms refuse to install
linux-7 on top of linux-6, so all needed libs and files will have to be
hand copied over, which is really boring. :(

Also, I cannot get acroread to use the ld.so.cache; instead, I need to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. any ideas why?

I've seen people on this list saying that acroread works fine with their
linux_base-7. This is not true out of the box, there must be a catch, no?

Cheers,
Palle