Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:47:35 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-threads

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:16:09 -0500 Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:
> > It is not a linuxulator port. It is doing what the old linux threads
> > lib was doing (each thread is a process), just on FreeBSD. There
> > was a timeframe where this gave better performance for the native
> > MySQL than our default threads lib. Now our threads lib is better,
> > and we do not need the linuxthreads ports anymore.
>
> Any objection to deprecation and removal in 2 months?

As it was never used in the linuxulator: Not from my side.

My personal opinion: if the mysql server port does not allow to
optionally use the linux-threads anymore, just go and nuke it as time
permits. It was used in the 4.x days and maybe in 5.x, but I think with
6.x we had something better (be warned, my memory may fail here).

Bye,
Alexander.