Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 16:09:48 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams), jkh@time.cdrom.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mega-Commit cleanups

> // OK.  Do you want to bring in 'newsyslog(8)' into -stable, or roll back
> // the changes which require them?
>
>   May you please explain me what's the problem with newsyslog ?  I'm
> using 2.1.0R and brought in the newsyslog from -current.  It's working
> perfectly for my needs.

Because it's by definition 'new' software that's un-necessary.  It
*could* (doubtful) have some bug in it or security flaw that causes the
system to be less -stable, so it stays out of stable until someone is
willing to bring it in and stand in the line of fire.

I'm not willing to do that, but if I got Jordan's permission I wouldn't
have been responsible for anything bad that occurred because of it. :)

Nate