Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:50:02 GMT
From:      Serge Shilov <serguei.shilov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off

The following reply was made to PR ports/131124; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Serge Shilov <serguei.shilov@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org,
 xelah-freebsd-pr@xelah.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:40:29 +0300

 I perform some experiments. Results is here.

 I. Test other mice .
 The 1st is
 ums0: <A4Tech RF USB Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2> on uhub0
 ums0: 8 buttons and Z dir.

 and the 2nd is
 ums0: <Logitech Optical USB Mouse, class 0/0, rev 2.00/3.40, addr 2> on uhub0
 ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

 Bug still exist

 II. Test direct connection mouse without hub.

 Bug still exist.

 Resume: It's not mice or hub or connection-via-hub problem. (But it may be
 some usb host problem)

 III. Hot plug out and plug in mouse in X environment

 After plug in mouse gehaviour BEGAN CONVENTIONAL. This can be recommended as
 workaround.

 Notice:
 1. After plug out mouse cursor may still disappeared. In this case you can
 switch to VT0-VT7 terminals, move mouse and switch back to X session.
 2. This advice is provided 'as is' without any warranties of usefulness,
 capacity to work with your hardware or software and other sorts of warranties.

 IV. After hot  X session restart (without OS and hardware restart) mouse still
 work.

 V. Other cases:
 Hot plug out and plug in mouse in text mode environment before start X
 session.
 Start OS mouseless and plug in mouse before or after start X session.
 Hot OS restart after my workaround appliing.

 In all this cases mouse behaviour was still buggy.

 I'll be glad if my info help to resolve this problem.

 Regards.